You can also add new contacts to your iPad manually. If you have an iPhone or another iOS device on the same iCloud account, any contacts you add to your iPad will automatically sync to those other devices as well.
Here's how to add contacts manually on your iPad.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to add contacts on an iPad
1. Start the Contacts app.
2. Tap the plus sign at the top of the pane on the left side of the screen.
3. Fill out the form, entering all the information you have for the contact — name, company, phone and email, and any other details you want to add.
4. If you want this contact to have a distinctive ringtone when they call or text you, you can set that by tapping "Default" beside the appropriate Ringtone or Text Tone field.
5. When you are finished, tap "Done" at the top of the screen.
How to edit contacts on an iPad
1. You can also make changes to an existing contact using the Contacts app.
2. Start the Contacts app.
3. Find the person you want to update and tap the entry in the pane on the left side of the screen.
4. Tap "Edit" in the upper right corner of the screen.
5. Make your desired changes. When you're finished, tap "Done."