However, if you get a lot of emails everyday, these ride receipts can often get lost in the chaos of an overflowing inbox, or Lyft could be sending receipts to an outdated email address of yours.
Whether you're budgeting or filing expense reports for an employer, Lyft ride receipts can easily be re-sent through the app and to your inbox in just a few steps.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to get a Lyft receipt sent to your email
1. Launch the Lyft app on your mobile device, shown here using an iPhone X.
2. In the app's top left-hand corner, tap the button resembling three horizontal lines to access the menu.
3. In the menu, scroll to find Ride History and tap.
4. Tap Export in the top right-hand corner of the screen before choosing the ride(s) you wish to have a receipt for.
5. Tap to select the ride(s) you want a receipt for.
6. Once you've selected the ride (or multiple rides) you wish to have a receipt for, tap Send Report at the bottom of the screen.
7. A Lyft ride receipt with the ride(s) you've selected will arrive in your inbox shortly in both PDF and CSV formats.
If you still can't get your Lyft receipt, double check your email settings in Lyft
The most common problem if you can't find the Lyft ride receipt in your email is, well, your email.
Make sure the ride receipt didn't end up in your spam folder first. If you still can't find the ride receipt, open your Lyft app and go to Menu > Settings > Email Address.
You can make sure the right email address is connected to your Lyft account to ensure you'll receive future ride receipts. You can update or verify your email address in the Lyft app's Settings tab.
If this didn't work, try contacting Lyft.