If you're a professional looking to advance in your career field, networking is paramount.
After all, your dream job won't just come along and be dropped in your lap — you have to go out there and take advantage of every available opportunity.
That's why creating a LinkedIn profile and sharing it with your connections and colleagues is such a good idea.
Once you've set up your LinkedIn profile with all the relevant information — your education, work history, skills, interests, and more — it's time to share your profile with those who might be interested in seeing it.
Here's how to do it on the LinkedIn website and mobile app.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to share your LinkedIn profile on desktop
1. Go to https://www.linkedin.com and log in using your user name and password.
2. In the menu bar running across the top of your screen, click the Me icon, which appears with a mini version of your profile photo.
3. Click View Profile to be taken to your profile page.
4. In your introduction card — the top box of your profile page which contains your name and a few abridged details about your current employment and education — click "More…"
5. From the dropdown menu, click Share Profile. This will launch a menu box in which you can type in the name of the connections you wish to share your profile with, and click Send.
You can also share another member's profile in the same way. Simply navigate to their profile page and follow the steps above.
How to share your LinkedIn profile on the mobile app
2. Go to the profile you wish to share. To share your own profile from the mobile app, you will have to know your own LinkedIn URL and type it in manually.
3. Click the "More…" button in the introduction card of the profile you're sharing.
4. On iOS, choose Share via private message. On Android, this option will appear as Share Profile.
5. Type the names of the people you wish to share the profile with in the relevant field and hit Send when done.
If you want to share your own LinkedIn profile (or anyone else's) outside of the platform, you can also simply copy and paste the URL of the LinkedIn profile page. For more information, read our article, "'What is my LinkedIn URL?': How to find your LinkedIn URL or change it to a custom address."