- Activision Blizzard's annual BlizzCon convention starts November 1, and a team of Bank of America Merrill Lynch analysts highlighted what investors should keep an eye on at the event.
- Potential sequels in the Overwatch and Diablo video game franchises could bring massive revenue growth for the company, they wrote.
- It's likely the company will announce new games and expansions at the event, but demonstrations focused on its recent actions against Hong Kong supporters could bring negative publicity, according to BAML.
- These are the five things investors should look for at BlizzCon 2019, according to BAML analysts.
- Watch Activision Blizzard trade live here.
BlizzCon 2019 kicks off on November 1, and Bank of America Merrill Lynch analysts laid out what investors should look for from the event.
The convention serves as a platform for Activision Blizzard to announce new games, hold esports tournaments, and offer fans exclusive merchandise related to its first-party titles. The video game company is famous for its World of Warcraft, Overwatch, and Diablo franchises, among others.
This year's convention comes as Blizzard is mired in a Hong Kong-related controversy. The company reprimanded an esports competitor in early October for vocalizing his support for its liberation from China during a tournament. Company employees staged a walkout in support of the player on October 7.
The two-day convention is slated to bring a number of reveals for shareholders to praise or criticize. Here are the five things investors should expect from BlizzCon 2019, according to BAML analysts, and how they could affect the company's bottom line.