- Apple's fiscal fourth-quarter earnings – set to be released Wednesday after the closing bell – will provide the first sign of how the company's new iPhone models are selling.
- The report will include 10 days' worth of iPhone 11 sales, and investors and analysts will also be looking for guidance around the upcoming holiday season.
- This will be the last quarter of results before Apple steps into the streaming wars with Apple TV Plus, which is scheduled be to released this Friday.
- Here's what five Wall Street analysts are saying ahead of Apple's earnings report.
- Watch Apple trade live on Markets Insider.
Apple is scheduled to report fiscal fourth-quarter earnings after the market closes Wednesday.
The results will include 10 days' worth of sales for iPhone 11 models, providing the first look at how the new slate of devices is selling. The iPhones were released for sale on September 20 and the company's quarter ended on September 30.
Investors and analysts will also be watching closely for any guidance given on iPhone sales for the upcoming holiday season.
The tech giant's shares climbed to an all-time high last week amid reports of stronger-than-expected iPhone 11 demand, lifting Apple's market capitalization back above $1 trillion and making it the most valuable public company in the world.
Apple also reportedly asked suppliers earlier this month to increase production by up to 10%, or 8 million units.
Wednesday's results will also be the last before Apple begins offering its video streaming platform Apple TV Plus. The service is scheduled to be released Friday and it reflects the company's continued push into services to diversify revenue.
The iPhone maker is still embroiled in the trade war between the US and China. Some of its products including iPads and iPhones could get hit with 15% tariffs in December if a trade truce isn't reached. Investors will likely be looking out on the conference call for comments by CEO Tim Cook regarding the effect of the trade dispute on Apple's sales and profit.
Wall Street is expecting Apple to post $12.88 billion in profit on about $63 billion in revenue for the fiscal fourth quarter. The company reported about $14.1 billion in profit and $62.9 billion in sales during the same period last year.
Shares of Apple are up more than 54.5% year-to-date. The stock has 25 "buy" ratings, 17 "hold" ratings, and six "sell" ratings.
Here's what Wall Street is talking about leading up to Apple's fourth-quarter results: