- You can charge an Xbox One controller with the Xbox One Play & Charge Kit by connecting your controller to the console via a USB cable.
- Your Xbox One controller can be used while it's charging with the Play & Charge Kit, and it should take about four hours for it to charge completely.
- Once fully charged, your Xbox One controller should last for up to 30 hours of use.
- You can also connect your Xbox One controller directly to your console with a micro USB cable, or get a different rechargeable battery pack.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
There are a few different ways to charge an Xbox One controller.
You can use the Xbox One Play & Charge Kit, a standard micro USB cable, or any compatible, rechargeable battery pack. It's also possible to just use standard AA batteries for your controller, but it may be annoying to keep buying new batteries.
Here's what you need to know to charge your controller.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to charge an Xbox One controller
With the Xbox One Play & Charge Kit, you can expect to get up to 30 hours of use out of your Xbox One controller after four hours of charging its battery pack.
The even better news? You don't even need to stop playing to charge the controller.
You can simply connect your controller to the Xbox One console with the cable and the charging will commence.
If you don't want to purchase the Xbox One Play & Charge Kit, you can use any USB cord to connect your controller to the console, although Microsoft says charging times may vary with this method.
But connecting an Xbox One controller to the console isn't the only way to charge it.
You can also use any micro USB cord connected to a USB power source — even a wall outlet — as long as you have a proper adapter.
In addition, you can use AA batteries to power the controller. It will run for many hours off a pair of AA batteries, just note that the manufacturer recommends alkaline batteries with designation LR6.
Finally, there is always the option to swap out the Xbox One controller's battery pack with another rechargeable unit, especially if the battery life on your controller is permanently diminished.