Like most email services, AOL gives you a way to block unwanted emails from cluttering your inbox. However, how you block senders depends upon whether you’re using AOL Mail in a web browser or mobile app.
In a browser, you can add unwanted email addresses to a list of blocked senders. In the mobile app, you can flag emails as spam, which will send any future messages from that sender to the Spam folder automatically.
Here’s how to block emails on AOL, via a browser on your Mac or PC, or the mobile app on your iPhone or Android device.
Check out the products mentioned in this article: iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Apple) Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $699.99 at Walmart) Apple Macbook Pro (From $1,299.00 at Apple) Acer Chromebook 15 (From $179.99 at Walmart) How to block emails on AOL in a web browser
1. Open AOL Mail in a browser and then click “Options” in the upper-right corner of the web page, just under your email address.
2. In the drop-down menu, choose “Mail Settings.”
3. On the Mail Settings page, click “Block Senders,” which you can find in the navigation pane on the left side of the screen.
4. Enter the email address of someone you want to block, and then press Enter or Return, or click the “+” to the right of the email address. Repeat that process for as many senders as you want to block.
5. When you’re done, click “Save Settings.”
How to block emails on AOL in the mobile app
1. In the AOL mobile app, tap an email from a sender you want to block.
2. Tap the three-dot menu at the bottom-right of the screen and then tap “Mark as Spam.”
3. Repeat this process for any other emails you want to block.
Once you mark an email as spam, future emails from that sender should be deleted automatically. It’ll also help AOL’s algorithms catch more spam from other senders in the future.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- How to change your AOL password or reset it if you’ve forgotten it How to mark all Gmail as read to clear up your inbox of unread emails How to forward email from a Yahoo Mail account to Gmail or other email services How to schedule send an email on Gmail on desktop or mobile, if you want to compose an email but schedule it to send at a later time How to find archived emails in Gmail in 2 simple ways on Mac or PC
SEE ALSO: The best all-in-one PCs you can buy