Gmail, one of the most commonly used email servers, has many features that make the server simple to interact with other people and give communication a personal experience. One of these features is the inclusion of a profile photo.
Your Gmail profile picture appears beside your name, as well as in other people's sidebars for Google Talk and contact photos. If you don't have a profile photo set, your profile photo will instead display the first letter of your first name on a colored background.
It's good to have a profile photo that gives a personal touch to your email correspondence. Ideally, you'll want your email photo to be a clear shot of your face, as it's going to appear as a very small thumbnail most of the time.
You can easily change your Gmail picture on your iPhone, and here's how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to change your Gmail picture on an iPhone
1. Open the Gmail app.
2. Tap the icon in the upper right corner, next to the search box. If you already had a profile photo set, it will be that photo. If you did not, it will be the first letter of your name.
3. In the pop-up window, under your name and email address, tap “Manage your Google Account.”
4. Tap on your profile image at the top of the screen.
5. In the pop-up window that appears, tap “Set Profile Picture.”
6. If you'd like to take a new profile picture, tap “Take photo.” Otherwise, tap “Choose from photos.”
Either take the photo, or choose your desired photo from your library. Once you have selected the picture, you can center it the way you wish. Please keep in mind that, while the editing field is a square, your icon will appear as a circle.