But when someone wants to share an AirDrop file from their phone or tablet and six different iPads pop up in proximity, things get a bit more confusing.
When you have created a unique name for your iPad, its name will make it instantly recognizable, singled out from all the devices nearby.
Whether you're in the office or out in public, knowing exactly with whom you are about to share a file, or from whom you are accepting one, is not just convenient — it's critical.
So take the 30 seconds and change your iPad name. Here's how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to change your iPad name
1. Launch the Settings app on your iPad.
2. Tap the General tab.
3. Tap the word About at the top of the next screen.
4. Tap the Name tab at the top of the next menu.
5. Use the X icon or just erase the name that's there (likely "iPad") and then enter a new name for the device, ideally one tied to your own name.
6. Tap the word About to save the new name and move back to the previous page.
And that's that, your iPad has been renamed.