Summary List Placement
If you have an iPhone, you probably have noticed that many of your photos are saved as HEIC files — High Efficiency Image Containers. HEIC files are typically smaller than average JPG or PNG files. However, many websites do not support the upload of HEIC files. Apple introduced HEIC files with its iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra software updates.
Fortunately, converting HEIC images into the JPG format is easy if you have a Mac computer. You don’t have to download any extra software — converting it can be done in just a few steps using Preview.
How to convert HEIC to JPG on Mac
1. Open Preview on your Mac. You can find Preview by searching for it using Spotlight Search (Command + Space).
2. Find and select the HEIC file you want to convert.
3. Select “Open.”
4. The HEIC file should now be open in Preview. To convert it, click “File” from the toolbar at the top of the screen, and select “Export” in the dropdown menu.
5. A pop-up menu will appear with the file’s details. Select the arrows next to where it says “Format.”
6. In the dropdown menu, select “JPEG.”
7. Change the name of the file if you wish using the textbox at the top. You can also change where the file will be saved using the dropdown menu next to “Where. “
8. Once you’ve selected “JPEG” as the format, select “Save.”
9. The JPG file will now be saved to the designated folder.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- How to convert a JPG file to a PDF on a Windows 10 computer using the default Photos app How to convert a PNG image file to JPG on a Mac computer using the Preview app How to convert a JPG image to a PDF document on your Mac computer using the Preview app How to convert a Word document to a Google Doc on desktop or mobile How to convert a PDF to a Google Doc in a few simple steps on your Mac or PC