Facebook group owners can delete a group by first removing all members. Once the owner is the only person in a group, then they will have the option to delete it.
Group admins can archive a group, meaning that the group will no longer appear in Facebook search to non-members, and no new members can join. Admins can only delete a group if the original owner first leaves the group.
Here's how to delete a group on Facebook.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to delete a Facebook group using a web browser
1. Go to Facebook.com and navigate to “Groups” on the home page.
2. Select the group that you wish to delete.
3. Navigate to “Members” on the left side of the page.
Kelly Laffey/Business Insider
4. Click the “More” button next to each member's name and then select “Remove from Group.” Hit “Confirm.”
5. One all members are removed, select the “More” button next to your name. Select “Leave Group” and then “Leave and Delete.”
How to delete a Facebook group using the mobile app
2. Select “See All” next to “Your Groups,” and then select “See All” again underneath “Groups you Manage” to view all of your groups.
3. Open the group that you want to delete.
4. Tap on the name of the group, and then tap “See All” to view all of the members.
5. Tap on each person's name and select “Remove Member” to remove them from the group.
6. Once everyone is deleted from the group, tap on your name and select “Leave Group.” Facebook will confirm that once you leave the group, the group will be deleted. Select “Leave and Delete.”