Chances are that you use only a small percentage of all the contacts you have on your iPad.
Over the years, those contacts can add up as you add in a coworker who has since changed jobs, or your sibling's old phone number that has since been replaced.
Luckily, contacts are easy to remove from an iPad in a few different ways.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to delete individual contacts on your iPad
Deleting a contact on your iPad is quick and easy.
1. Open your Contacts app.
2. Scroll to the contact you want to remove and tap it.
3. Now tap "Edit" at the top right corner of the contact page, then scroll to the bottom of the next page and tap "Delete Contact."
4. Confirm your choice in the pop-up window.
How to delete multiple contacts on your iPad using iCloud and a Mac computer
If you have multiple iPad contacts you want to delete, the above, straightforward process can be quite time consuming, so it may be a better idea to put to work a Mac computer that shares an iCloud account with your iPad.
1. On your Mac, launch the System Preferences window from the Apple logo at the top left of the screen.
2. Choose iCloud.
3. Enter your Apple ID and password if prompted, and click Contacts on the next window to merge your iPad and Mac's contacts.
4. Now open the Application window and click on Contacts.
5. While holding down the Command key, scroll through your contacts and click on each contact you wish to delete.
6. Hit the Delete key on your keyboard.
7. Confirm your choice to delete the batch of contacts.
The contacts deleted via iCloud on your Mac will be removed from all other devices connected to iCloud, including your iPad in this case.