That said, it's fun to draw on your iPhone, and the doodles you create can enhance a photo, charm a friend, or just amuse you creatively.
Both the iPhone's Photos app and Notes app come with all the tools you need to create colorful sketches, and both make it easy to share your artwork with others.
Here's how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to draw on your iPhone in the Photos app
1. Open the photo on which you wish to draw, and make sure to duplicate it if you want to keep a copy of the original. (Duplicate the image by tapping the bottom left icon, the one with an arrow pointing up out of a box, then swiping to the word "Duplicate" on the bottom toolbar).
2. Tap the word "Edit" at the top right corner of the photo.
3. Tap the circle with three dots at the bottom of the screen.
4. Tap the "Markup" icon.
You can now select various drawing styles, from marker to pen to pencil to paintbrush. You can also choose the colors you'd like to use to draw directly on the photo.
When done, tap the yellow word "Done," then the blue word "Done," and the photo will be saved with your artwork added.
How to draw on your iPhone in the Notes app
1. Launch the Notes app.
2. Tap the bottom right icon of a pencil on paper.
3. Tap the icon of a pen tip in a circle.
4. Choose the type of pen, pencil, or brush by tapping on the Markup icon, select your color, and draw away.
The drawing will be saved when you tap the word "Notes" to return to the previous menu.