While indenting the first line of every new paragraph is no longer the standard for digital publishing, adding that bit of space is the standard practice for text layout in books, in most legal and legislative documents, and in many other forms of writing.
Indenting makes the start of each new paragraph clear to the reader, and makes lists crisper and easier to appreciate visually. On a computer, you simply tap the "tab" key for the perfect indented text (which amount to about a half inch on a printed page).
On an iPhone, there is no tab key. But in the Pages app, it's easy to insert a perfect indent with just a few quick taps on the screen.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to tab on an iPhone in the Pages app
1. Open the Pages app, and open an existing or new document.
2. Tap the space just to the left of the line you wish to indent.
3. Tap on the blue cursor line.
4. Tap the word "Insert" in the menu bar that appears.
5. Tap the line and arrow combination beside the word "Tab."
The text will be moved a uniform distance to the right, creating the perfect starting shape for a paragraph or list.