A Boomerang is a burst of photos that plays back and forth to create a video that continuously replays on a loop.
There are two ways to post a Boomerang to Instagram – users can post to Stories or to their Feed directly from the Boomerang app; or they can post to Stories using Instagram's built-in Boomerang function. Instagram does not have a built-in Boomerang function to post on the Feed.
Either way, it's easy to make a Boomerang on an iPhone. Here's how.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to make a Boomerang on an iPhone using the Boomerang app
1. Download and open the Boomerang app on your iPhone.
2. Press and hold the center button to record the Boomerang. The video will immediately play back. If you're happy with the quality, select the “Instagram” button at the bottom.
3. Click whether you'd like to post to Stories or to your Feed.
4. The Instagram app will then open. Post the Boomerang as you would any other post, either to the Feed or Stories. You can add text, locations and tags to the post.
How to make a Boomerang on iPhone using Instagram
1. Open Instagram on your iPhone.
2. Click on your profile picture to begin adding to stories.
3. Select “Boomerang” at the bottom of the screen.
4. Press on the center button to record your Boomerang, and then post as you would any other Instagram story.