The feature takes advantage of the double cameras in Apple's flagship models, allowing you to quickly and easily post unique, memorable pictures.
Here's how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Again, make sure your phone is an iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, or XS Max. Otherwise you won't be able to use Portrait Mode to capture the required picture file and upload it to Facebook's app.
1. Open the Facebook app.
2. If you haven't already liked Facebook 360, find the page and like it.
3. You will likely have to close and reopen the Facebook app before posting your 3D photo.
4. Tap on the status post line ("What's on your mind?") to post a new status.
5. Scroll down to 3D Photo (it should be the top item below the status input).
6. This will pull up the 3D photos available, which are any photos taken in Portrait Mode.
7. Tap the image you want to post in 3D.
8. Once Facebook has your photo loaded and ready, tap Next.
9. Move your phone to ensure it has the 3D effect.
10. Fill in your captions and tap Share, like you would with any other picture.
Your photo can now be rotated to show a three-dimensional depth of field on a computer. When viewing with a phone or tablet, however, simply moving the device will allow you to rotate and see the depth of the picture.