LinkedIn is the world's largest professional social network, where CEOs, designers, executives, artists, and experts of all kinds can share job listings, articles, and posts ( though, there are some things you should avoid sharing on LinkedIn).
Whether you want to share an inspirational quote, a quirky workplace anecdote, or an article you just read, posting on LinkedIn is easy and can be done in just a few steps.
How to post on LinkedIn on your computer
1. Open your preferred browser.
2. Go to https://linkedin.com.
3. Near the top of the page, find where it says "Start a Post" located next to an icon of a pencil to a notepad. Click it. If you have a photo, video, or document you want to share, you can click the corresponding icons at this step, or the next.
4. Begin typing your post — you can include a link by pasting it inside the post, or a photo, video, or document by clicking the icons at the bottom.
5. Once you are finished composing your post, click the dropdown menu at the top where it says "Anyone" — this will take you to the settings where you can decide who sees your post. If you are satisfied with the sharing settings, tap "Post" at the bottom right hand corner.
6. If you've clicked on the sharing settings, select your preferred audience for this post — whether it's public, shared on your connected social media profiles, or with your connections only.
7. After you've selected your post's audience and everything looks good, click "Done" at the bottom right hand corner.
How to edit or delete a LinkedIn post
To edit an already published post, click on the three horizontal dots near the top of your post. Here you have the option to save the article for later, copy the link, edit, delete, and disable comments for the post.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech: