- You can reset your Google Wifi in two different ways, to clear your data and refresh the device if it's not functioning properly.
- It's possible to reset your Google Wifi directly on the device, but if you do so, your information may still be preserved on the Google Wifi app for up to six months.
- If you reset your Google Wifi through the app, it will clear all data immediately.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Resetting your Google Wifi wipes all data off the device, helping it work properly as well as protecting your data and erasing your settings.
Just note that if you perform a reset on the device itself, this information will still be preserved on the app for up to six months.
Here's what you need to know to reset your Google Wifi, in two different ways.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to reset a Google Wifi on the device
1. Unplug the Google Wifi unit's power cable.
2. Begin holding down the reset button on the back of the device.
3. With the button depressed, reconnect the power source.
4. When the unit flashes white, then blue, release the button.
If the hardware continues to flash blue for another half minute and then the lights turn solid blue, the reset is underway.
Once the blue flashing begins again, the device is reset and can be used like new or sent away.
How to reset a Google Wifi in the app
1. Pull up the Google Wifi app and click on the "Settings" section.
2. Open the "Network & General" tab.
3. Tap the "Wi-Fi points" tab under Network.
4. Tap "Factory Reset" and then confirm on the next screen by tapping the same words again.