Summary List Placement
In 2020, WarnerMedia joined its group of networks and studios into one streaming platform, allowing audiences to access their content in a single place without a cable subscription.
Coupled with the network’s expanded content library through HBO Max, having an HBO subscription is a better value than it’s ever been. While WarnerMedia’s HBO Max desktop site is a perfect addition to your list of streaming subscriptions, you can also take advantage of all the platform has to offer through your smartphone.
Since streaming movies and TV shows uses so much data, the HBO Max app will default to only streaming over Wi-Fi. You can change the settings, however, to allow it to stream over cellular.
How to stream HBO Max over cellular on a smartphone
1. Open the HBO Max app.
2. Tap on your profile icon in the bottom right corner.
3. Choose the Settings icon (the gear icon in the upper left corner).
4. Select “Video Options.”
5. To enable streaming over cellular, tap on the toggle next to the “Stream Over Wi-Fi Only” option.
6. If you want to set your phone to notify you when you’re in danger of going over your cellular data limit, tap the circle next to “Cellular Streaming Warning.”
7. You can repeat adjusting these preferences if you want to allow HBO Max Downloads over cellular.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- How to clear your cache on HBO Max to help the service run more efficiently and fix playback issues How to download HBO Max movies and shows onto your phone or tablet to watch when you’re without internet How to watch titles on HBO Max in another language or change the language of your app How to use the ‘watch later’ list on HBO Max to save movies and shows you’re interested in How to ‘cast’ HBO Max onto your TV with a Google Chromecast device connected to your computer or phone