Summary List Placement
You’ve logged in to Google Classroom, have joined a class, and accessed class materials. Now, it’s time to submit an assignment.
To submit an assignment in Google Classroom, you’ll first need to navigate to the “Classwork” section. You can then find your assignment and attach your work.
From there, it’s as easy as turning it in. Google Classroom also allows users to unsubmit their assignments if you need to make changes or leave a private comment for a teacher about the status of your work.
It’s important to note that if you don’t click “Turn in” after you attach your work, it won’t be submitted. To verify the status of your assignment, double-check to see if it is labeled as “Turned in.”
When submitting assignments to Google Classroom on mobile, you’ll also need to make sure you have the iPhone or Android app installed. You can search and download Google Classroom through the app store on your phone.
Here’s how to submit an assignment on Google Classroom.
How to submit an assignment in Google Classroom on desktop
1. Open your web browser and go to classroom.google.com.
2. Select your class.
3. At the top of your dashboard, choose “Classwork.”
4. Click on an assignment, then select “View Assignment.”
5. Under “Your Work,” choose “Add or Create.”
6. From there, click “Google Drive” to attach a document you’ve already created and saved in your Drive by selecting it from the file window that appears. If you have multiple documents, attach them all this way.
- Note: You can add a link to a Drive document or attach a file from your computer. You may also start an assignment here by creating a new document, slide, sheet, or drawing on this page.
7. To leave a private comment for your teacher, enter it in the appropriately labeled text box on the right. Then click the small triangular “paper airplane” icon to post it.
8. Next, click “Turn in” or “Mark as done” to confirm your submission and change the assignment status to “Turned in.”
- Note: If your teacher has assigned a collaborative document that you worked on or another kind of outside assignment, you may see “Mark as done” instead of “Turn in.”
How to unsubmit an assignment in Google Classroom on desktop
If you’ve submitted a document, but find that you need to edit out errors or add in missing content, Google Classroom offers a way to retract your submission. Navigate to the page you turned your assignment in, click “Unsubmit,” and confirm. You can always turn it in again by following the above steps.
How to submit an assignment in Google Classroom on the mobile app
1. Open the Google Classroom app on your device.
2. Tap on your class.
3. Choose “Classwork” from the bottom of the app screen.
4. Select the assignment and expand the “Your work” card.
5. Tap “Add attachment” in the “Your work” card.
6. From there, click “Drive” to attach a document you’ve already created in Drive.
7. Tap “Turn in” or “Mark as done” and re-confirm.
How to unsubmit an assignment in Google Classroom on iPhone or Android
If you turned in the wrong thing or need to go back and add something to the assignment, you can unsubmit it. Navigate to the assignment, expand the “Your work” card, tap “Unsubmit,” and confirm. You can always turn it in again the same way you did first.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- How to create a Google Classroom on a computer or mobile device How to log in to Google Classroom and access your course materials on a computer or mobile device How to join a Google Classroom meeting from a link or code on any device How to find your Google Classroom code on the desktop website or mobile app, so you can share it with your students How to leave a Google Classroom on any device and unenroll yourself from the course