As technology advances, so do the features available to consumers for home computing.
Laptops with touch screen capabilities are pretty common these days, but not everyone finds them useful or necessary, and some people choose to disable their laptop's touch screen.
Here's how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to turn off the touch screen on Windows 10 devices
1. Click on the start menu and type "Device Manager" in its search bar.
2. The first result that appears should be for the Device Manager app. Click to open it.
3. Click on "Human Interface Devices" to expand that section.
4. Locate the "HID-Compliant Touch Screen" option and right click on it.
5. Click "Disable device" from the list.
6. When a pop-up window appears alerting you that disabling the touch screen will prohibit it from working and asking you to confirm your choice, click "Yes." Your touch screen will then be disabled.
Note that you can re-enable the touch screen functionality on your Windows 10 computer at any time by following steps one through four above and then, instead of clicking "Disable device," clicking "Enable device" and confirming your choice.