- You can unzoom your iPhone by turning off the zoom Accessibility feature in two ways.
- It's easy to turn off the zoom feature on your iPhone in the device's Settings app, or by connecting your iPhone to iTunes and unchecking the zoom option there.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Your iPhone makes it easy to zoom in and take a closer look at text or photos.
And when you enable the zoom feature in your Accessibility settings, using three fingers on the screen, you can double-tap to zoom in or out, drag to move around the screen, or tap and drag to adjust the view.
Many find this helpful when reading, navigating the web, or using apps that don't offer a zoom function on photos or instructions.
However, the zoom feature can also get in the way when trying to send text messages or view pages normally.
Here's how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to unzoom your iPhone by turning off the zoom Accessibility feature
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Tap "General" and then "Accessibility."
3. Under the "Vision" section, click "Zoom." If this feature is activated, it will say "On" on the right hand side of the screen.
4. Under Zoom, tap or swipe the toggle to switch this feature off. The switch will turn from green to white.
How to unzoom your iPhone by turning off the zoom feature through iTunes
You can also turn off the zoom function after connecting your iPhone to iTunes on your computer.
1. Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone.
2. Under the "Summary" section of your iPhone, click on the "Configure Accessibility…" button under "Options."
Marissa Perino/Business Insider
3. Uncheck the box to the left of "Zoom."
4. Click "OK" to finish.
Once the zoom feature is turned off — whether through the Settings app or through iTunes — your device will remain on its standard screen view.