Summary List Placement
In the age of streaming, it’s easy to find yourself scrolling forever looking for something to watch. At times, it can feel like finding something worth your attention among the mountains of uninteresting content is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
Luckily for Netflix users, the streamer has made it easier to find that needle thanks to its a cheat-sheet of codes. Assigned to specific genres, age groups, regions of the world, or even highly specialized content themes, Netflix codes let you break free of the algorithm and find your newest obsession or your favorite classic.
Netflix codes are a string of numbers, frequently around four to five digits, that are assigned to different subsets of the site. They can be standard genres like “Classic Romantic Movies” and “Creature Features” or incredibly specific such as “Wine and Beverage Appreciation” and “Sentimental Movies About Horses for Ages 11 to 12.”
If you know the code, you add it to the backend of the right Netlfix link and you’ll be taken to every TV show and film that the streamer has categorized under that code.
Whether you’ve already got a code or are still looking for the right one, here’s how to use Netflix codes to find hidden treasures on the streaming platform.
How to use Netflix codes
1. Select a code from here.
2. Copy the code you want to use.
3. Log in to your Netflix account.
4. Type “https://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/CODE” (without the quotation marks) into the browser address bar.
5. Paste the Netflix code you copied where “CODE” is in the URL. For example, the action-comedy movies link looks like this: https://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/43040.
6. Click enter and begin browsing your code’s curated film and TV selections.
Netflix codes you may want to use
- Wine and beverage appreciation: 1458 Cerebral Scandanavian movies: 995 Korean crime thrillers: 434 Creature features: 6895 Campy movies: 1252 Satires: 4922 Tearjerkers: 6384 Westerns: 7700 Screwball comedies: 9702 Cult TV shows: 74652 Goofy courtroom movies: 285
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Here’s how much data you’re using while streaming Netflix, and how to change your data usage settings How many devices you can use with your Netflix subscription, broken down by each plan How to search for movies and shows on Netflix, or use category tags to narrow down your search How to watch 4K shows and movies on Netflix with a compatible device How to delete your Netflix viewing history, and prevent something you’ve watched from affecting your viewing recommendations