Summary List Placement
If you enable Notes in iCloud, those notes will automatically stay in sync across all your devices, and you can read or edit those notes in the Notes app on any of your devices or in a web browser.
1. You should start by making sure you’re syncing Notes with all your Apple devices.
3. Tap “iCloud.”
4. In the list of apps using iCloud, make sure that Notes is on by swiping the button to the right.
How to sync Notes using iCloud on a Mac
1. Open the System Preferences app on your Mac computer.
2. At the top of the System Preferences window, click on the “Apple ID” icon beside your name.
3. Click on iCloud from the menu at the left side of the Apple ID screen.
4. On the right side, scroll down until you see Notes, and click the checkbox beside it. This will sync the Notes app on your Mac to iCloud and to all your other devices.
Note: If you don’t want to sync notes with a particular device, swipe the button to the left. You’ll need to confirm you want to do this, and then all notes will be deleted from this device. After that, you can create notes on that device, but they won’t sync with the iCloud service or any of your other devices. To start syncing, you can simply turn Notes on again.
How to use Notes on the iCloud website
You aren’t limited to writing, editing, and reading notes in the Notes app on your Apple devices; you can do it in a browser on any computer as well.
1. Open iCloud.com in a web browser and sign in with your Apple ID if necessary.
2. Click “Notes.”
3. You should now see a list of all the notes that are syncing from your devices. Click a note from the list and you can start adding text or editing that note.
You can use the toolbar at the top of the Notes webpage to edit your notes as well. The first icon lets you create a new note, while the other three icons let you edit a note by adding a table, adding a checkbox, and formatting text. In addition, there’s a trash icon to delete the current note at the far right of the toolbar.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- How to sync Notes from an iPhone to a Mac through iCloud, so your notes are always up-to-date How to change the Notes settings on your iPhone to customize how notes are started, saved, and displayed How to get sticky notes on your Mac computer to create reminders on your desktop How to share notes on your iPhone with iCloud, and collaborate with others in the Notes app How to lock any note on your iPhone, and hide notes behind a password or Face ID
SEE ALSO: The best iPad cases