Conor McGregor reportedly begged Khabib Nurmagomedov not to kill him during the pair's encounter at UFC 229 last October.
Fortunately for the Irishman, Nurmagomedov was nice to enough to take heed of his request.
Jorge Masvidal says he wouldn't be so kind — and that's why UFC president Dana White won't ever let them fight.
"That fight, the president [White] deemed it not good because they don't want a murder charge on me," Masvidal, who is set to fight Nate Diaz for the "'baddest mother——- in the game" belt on November 2, told ESPN.
"So they're not going to allow that to happen. The president himself already said it, so, I don't want to go to jail for killing nobody. That's not what I want to do. I'm here to compete.
"The president said that we can't compete because I'm too much man. That can't happen. We're different spectrums. They're not going to allow that to happen."
Masvidal, 34, is one of many who has been touted as a potential next opponent for McGregor, who hasn't fought in the Octagon since his submission loss to Nurmagomedov last year.
McGregor posted a cryptic message on Twitter earlier this week that seemed to suggest his return to the cage, simply saying: "Dublin, December 14th."
However, Dana White has since dismissed any possibility that the Irishman will be fighting in his home town in December, because there is already a UFC event on that same day in Las Vegas.
"Dublin doesn't work, were doing a show December 14 in Vegas," White told reporter Adam Glyn, according to MMA World.
"So if he doesn't want to take that date, he can come the beginning of next year. "
When asked who McGregor could fight next, White said: "I don't know. We've got to see how all this stuff plays out still. But [Justin] Gaethje would be fun."
Gaethje most recently beat Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone at a UFC fight night event in Canada last week, and after told ESPN he wants to "f— McGregor up."