1. I love doing laundry. It gives me a great feeling of peace and accomplishment.
2. My first job was counting cars in a car park. I only had this job for two days. It was beyond boring.
3. I have a passion for ham sandwiches. The trick is a crusty baguette and pickles.
4. Despite those ham sandwiches, I can still wear a dress I first wore in 1977. I just wore it to a party last summer. It actually belonged to my mother.
5. I like to work with weights at the gym. I don’t do the ones where you have to grunt.
6. My favorite place in France is my home [in Paris], but if you’re visiting, don’t miss the Vézelay Abbey in Burgundy.
7. I’m never happier than when I’m wearing a boilersuit. I have five of them.
8. I never make the same [meal] twice.
9. I love the smell of engines. There’s something so great about them.
10. I’m a cheap date because I love a pint of Guinness and some chips in a pub.
11. I’m a huge football fan. I just fell in love with the Leicester City Football Club.
12. I’m a great admirer of Lizzo. My favorite song is “Phone.” The words are brilliant.
13. I’m very good at parking cars. I can fit in remarkably small spaces. People hate watching me do it. It makes them nervous.
14. I enjoy cheese that smells like the farmland it came from.
15. Even though I’m a stage actress, I’m terrified of speaking in public.
16. I’m good at preparing fish, but I’m a dreadful baker.
17. I’m terrified of crocodiles.
18. I enjoy needlepoint. My favorite is a cushion with sunflowers that I gave to a woman who helped me out on [Military Wives]. It took me so long to do, I couldn’t even look at it anymore.
19. I don’t like horses even though I have to ride them a lot [for roles]. They’re big, and you don’t know what they’re going to do!
20. I love walking around and taking in culture. I’m not easily entertained.
21. I loved playing the queen in The Audience — that was my favorite theater production. I like making audiences laugh; much nicer than making them cry.
22. I can’t stand ice in my water.
23. I love watching dance, but I’m not a dancer. I can pick it up, but I forget right after. That’s the plight of being an actress. If you remembered everything you ever learned you’d be a disaster.
24. I took home some shirts, pants and the boots that I wore in The English Patient. I still wear the boots.
25. After lunch, I love a snooze — that’s an English word for a little nap.
Military Wives is out in theaters on May 22.
Listen on Spotify to Watch With Us to hear more about your favorite shows and for the latest TV news!