The iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Max may have just launched, but there are a lot of iPhones out there in an array of sizes. It can be confusing to figure out which case will fit your phone let alone find out if the case you found is any good.
We've tested hundreds of iPhone cases over the years, and there are a few brands that just stand above the rest. The best iPhone cases are made with exacting care so that they fit your phone like a glove and offer good protection against life's knocks. All of the case companies we recommend really stress test their cases and design them well.
Whether you want a fancy leather case, a folio, a rugged case or a basic no-frills one that gets the job done — we have a pick for you. We also have advice on how to figure out which iPhone model you have and which cases will fit it here.
Here are the best iPhone cases for every model:
- Best leather cases: Nomad
- Best Apple official cases: Leather and Silicone
- Best cases for grip: Speck
- Best simple cases: Incipio
- Best rugged cases: Otterbox and Lifeproof
- Best feminine cases: Case-Mate
- Best unique materials: Native Union
- Best eco-friendly cases: Pela
- Best stylish cases: Moshi
- Best cheap cases: Smartish
Updated by Malarie Gokey on 09/17/2019: Updated copy to reflect that there is a new iPhone lineup and there are new cases for it. We're currently in the process of testing new cases, so we will also update this post throughout that process.