China's technology and electronics sector has sweeping impact on its economy and the rest of the world. Chinese high tech firms have been leading the way in innovation for many technologies, such as 5G.
China's mobile 5G will be the No. 1 Chinese technology to watch in the coming years — with international leaders like Huawei, Qualcomm, and Intel transforming not only industries but entire countries with its broad applications and economic significance.
But it's not the only technology you should have on your radar.
In the 2019 Technology Trends Report in China, EqualOcean, a leading China-focused industrial tech media and investment innovation research firm, breaks down eight evolving technologies that deserve special attention. These technologies are either currently undergoing or about to undergo major phases of change.
This report represents a guidebook outlining which of China's technology trends will be most significant in the next two to three years.
The technologies included in this report are:
- 5G Communication
- Quantum computing
- Edge computing
- Flexible display
- Natural language processing
- Immersive technology
Here are some of the key takeaways from the report:
- Quantum computing, edge computing, and flexible display are all still in an early period, but will soon begin to attract commercial and enterprise adoption.
- 5G Communication, natural language processing, and immunotherapy are enjoying a popular period where there will be a breakthrough in commercialization.
- Now that the cryptocurrency bubble has burst and regulations have tightened, blockchain is entering a stable period where it will permeate enterprises.
- Immersive technology will transition to a recovery period as giant companies drive growth in applying products to the entertainment and business services markets.
In full, the report:
- Outlines the progress of new Chinese technology and how it's applied, forecasting trends, potential risks, and careless investments for strategic decision-makers.
- Examines how to effectively use limited financial and material resources in the future and prevent innovation from becoming destructive.
- Serves as a reference for readers concerned about the merge of China's high tech innovation and its industrial economy.
The companies included in this report are: IBM, AWS, Google, Intel, Alibaba, D-Wave, Regetti, 1QBit, Azure, Tencent, HPE, Cisco, Samsung, LG, BOE, Apple, Xiaomi, Visionx, Microsoft, Facebook, Baidu, ByteDance, iFlytek, NOKIA, ZTE, Ericsson, MSD, Novartis, BMS, Allogene Therapeutics, Junshi, BeiGene, I-Mab Biopharma, Hyperledger, Ant Financial, Mastercard, Ethereum, Ripple, SONY, HTC, Oculus, and Magic Leap.